Linked Data Explorer
Quantum triangulations : moduli spaces, strings, and quantum computing
- "Research on polyhedral manifolds often points to unexpected connections between very distinct aspects of Mathematics and Physics. In particular triangulated manifolds play quite a distinguished role in such settings as Riemann moduli space theory, strings and quantum gravity, topological quantum field theory, condensed matter physics, and critical phenomena. Not only do they provide a natural discrete analogue to the smooth manifolds on which physical theories are typically formulated, but their appearance is rather often a consequence of an underlying structure which naturally calls into play non-trivial aspects of representation theory, of complex analysis and topology in a way which makes manifest the basic geometric structures of the physical interactions involved. Yet, in most of the existing literature, triangulated manifolds are still merely viewed as a convenient discretization of a given physical theory to make it more amenable for numerical treatment. ℗¡ The motivation for these lectures notes is thus to provide an approachable introduction to this topic, emphasizing the conceptual aspects, and probing, through a set of cases studies, the connection between triangulated manifolds and quantum physics to the deepest. ℗¡ This volume addresses applied mathematicians and theoretical physicists working in the field of quantum geometry and its applications. ℗¡"
- "Case studies"
- "Case studies"@en
- "Electronic books"@en
- "Electronic books"
- "Quantum triangulations : moduli spaces, strings, and quantum computing"
- "Quantum triangulations : moduli spaces, strings, and quantum computing"@en
- "Quantum Triangulations : Moduli Spaces, Strings, and Quantum Computing"
- "Quantum triangulations moduli spaces, strings, and quantum computing"@en
- "Quantum triangulations moduli spaces, strings, and quantum computing"
- "Quantum Triangulations Moduli Spaces, Strings, and Quantum Computing"