Linked Data Explorer
A life in the twentieth century
- "Life in the 20th century"
- "Life in the 20th century"@en
- "Innocent beginnings, 1917-1950"@en
- "Innocent beginnings, 1917-1950"
- "A life in the 20th century"
- "The author considers events that occurred during his lifetime and that contributed to America's rise to world power status, as told through his personal experiences in childhood, in college, and during war times."
- ""Schlesinger's personal story is ultimately the captivating history of America coming into its own as a world power. It includes a fondly remembered childhood in the Midwest; life in America of the twenties; student days at Harvard, lived in the shadow of a distinguished father; Cambridge University in England in the twilight year between the Munich Pact and the start of World War II; the bitter debate in the United States in the months before Pearl Harbor; a stint overseas with the Office of Strategic Services; the fate of postwar liberalism, under attack from right and left; the origins of The Vital Center. Here is a dramatic evocation of the struggles, the questions, the paradoxes, and the triumphs that shaped our era." "Interweaving personal and national stories, Schlesinger conjures up the colorful details of everyday life, offering readers a rare and revealing window on both the private world of a notable American writer and the innocent beginnings of the American century."--Back cover."
- "A life in the twentieth century - innocent beginnings : 1917-1950"
- "A Life in the twentieth century : innocent beginnings, 1917-1950"
- "A life in the twentieth century"
- "A life in the twentieth century"@en
- "A life in the twentieth century : innocent beginnings, 1917-1950"@en
- "A life in the twentieth century : innocent beginnings, 1917-1950"