Linked Data Explorer
APA addiction syndrome handbook / Vol. 2, Recovery, prevention and other issues
- "Addiction syndrome handbook"
- ""This two-volume handbook provides a comprehensive review of addiction. Volume 2 has three major sections. These sections examine the many aspects associated with recovery from addiction, the prevention of addiction, and other essential issues commonly associated with addiction, such as technology, driving under the influence, and homelessness. There is also a Foreword in Volume 1 and an Epilogue in Volume 2 that provide insight and perspective about the addiction syndrome and the place of this handbook within the development of a science of addiction. Editor-in-chief Howard J. Shaffer asked contributors to consider their areas of interest with respect to the addiction syndrome model. In addition, to advance the conceptual framework that guides addiction research and treatment, contributors were asked to provide evidence to support or refute the addiction syndrome model. Dr. Shaffer hopes this approach will stimulate an enthusiastic dialogue that can advance the field by revising and improving the etiological models that provide the guiding wisdom about addiction and its causes and consequences"--Publicity materials. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2012 APA, all rights reserved)."
- "Handbooks, manuals, etc"
- "APA addiction syndrome handbook / Vol. 2, Recovery, prevention and other issues"
- "APA addiction syndrome handbook/ 2, Recovery, prevention, and other issues"
- "APA addiction syndrome handbook Vol. 2, Recovery, prevention and other issues"
- "APA addiction syndrome handbook. Vol. 2, Recovery, prevention, and other issues"