Linked Data Explorer
Contains twenty-four critical essays that offer varying perspectives on issues related to addiction, and discusses the definition of addiction, how to prevent and treat addiction, and the social consequences.
- "From Booklist: "Each volume in the Opposing Viewpoints Series could serve as a model-not only providing access to a wide diversity of opinions, but also stimulating readers to do further research for group discussion and individual interest. Both shrill and moderate, the selections-by experts, policy makers, and concerned citizens-include complete articles and speeches, long book excerpts, and occasional cartoons and boxed quotations-all up to date and fully documented. The editing is intelligent and unobtrusive, organizing the material around substantive issues within the general debate. Brief introductions to each section and to each reading focus the questions raised and offer no slick answers.""
- "Contains twenty-four critical essays that offer varying perspectives on issues related to addiction, and discusses the definition of addiction, how to prevent and treat addiction, and the social consequences."@en
- "- Current book and periodical bibliographies- Lists of organizations to contact- Critical thinking activities and discussion questions- Illustrations, inserts, and cartoons- Titles continually revised and updated- Biographical sketch of authors- Paper and durable library bindings."
- "Authors in this newly updated anthology debate controversies surrounding the concept of addiction, including what behaviors should be considered addictive, what causes addiction, what treatments are most effective, and whether the government should intervene to reduce the costs associated with addiction."
- "Electronic books."
- "Juvenile works."
- "Juvenile works"
- "Addiction opposing viewpoints /"
- "Addiction /"@en
- "Addiction /"
- "Addiction : opposing viewpoints /"
- "Addiction : opposing viewpoints."@en
- "Opposing viewpoints addiction."