Linked Data Explorer
The Ancient Maya
2 copies in Circulation.
- "2 copies in Circulation."@en
- "Publisher's Description: The rich findings of recent exploration and research are incorporated in this completely revised and greatly expanded edition of the standard work on the New World's most brilliant native civilization - that of the Maya people of northern Central America and southern Mexico. New field discoveries, new technical advances, new successes in the decipherment of Maya writing, and new theoretical perspectives on the Maya past have made necessary this present edition. It contains some 500 photographs, line drawings, maps, and site maps - about one fourth of which are new."
- "Of Archaic and Early Preclassic developments -- Patterns in the evolution of Mesoamerican civilization -- 5. The emergence of Maya civilization in the Middle Preclassic -- The emergence of complex societies -- Markers of complex societies -- The Pacific plain in the Middle Preclassic -- Middle Preclassic commodities and monuments -- The highlands in the Middle Preclassic -- The lowlands in the Middle Preclassic -- Middle Preclassic communities -- The rise of complex society in the lowlands -- Further Middle Preclassic developments in the lowlands -- Summary : the Middle Preclassic precursors of Maya civilization -- 6. The origins of Maya states in the Late Preclassic -- Late Preclassic Maya civilization and writing traditions-- The Late Preclassic Isthmian tradition -- The Late Preclassic Southern Maya -- Highland-lowland interaction in the Preclassic -- The Maya lowlands in the Late Preclassic -- Patterns of Late Preclassic rulership -- Preclassic developments in the Northern lowlands -- Late Preclassic lowland Maya civilization -- Decline in the terminal Preclassic -- Summary : reconstructing the Maya Preclassic -- 7. The expansion of Maya states in the Early Classic -- The Early Classic and the origins of Maya civilization -- The Southern Maya area in the Classic Period -- The Classic transition in the lowlands -- The expansion of states in the Maya lowlands -- Competition and warfare in the Classic lowlands -- The Early Classic in the Maya lowlands -- The rise of Tikal in the Early Classic (ca. 100-378) -- Neighboring centers in the central lowlands (ca. 328-416)."
- "Traces the history of this highly developed civilization from its pre-Columbian origins to its demise after the Spanish conquest."@en
- "Electronic books"
- "The Ancient Maya"
- "The Ancient Maya"@en
- "Ancient maya"@en
- "The Ancient Maya [pbk]"@en
- "The Ancient maya"
- "The ancient maya"
- "The ancient Maya : [Illustr.]"
- "The ancient Maya : by S.G. Morley and Rev. by George W. Brainerd"@en
- "The ancient Maya : - 3. printing"
- "The ancient Maya"
- "The ancient Maya"@en
- "The ancient Maya"@es