Linked Data Explorer
You Can't Win
Jack Black's story of his life as a professional thief.
- "You cannot win"
- "You cannot win"@en
- "Autobiography of Jack Black"@en
- "Jack Black's story of his life as a professional thief."@en
- "An amazing autobiography of a criminal from a forgotten time in american history. Jack Black was a burgler, safe-cracker, highwayman and petty thief."@en
- "A reader's review: "The autobiography of a turn of the century hobo/safe-cracker/cat-burglar. It's down-to-earth, straightforward and amazingly graphic for its era. I found my first copy in a boxcar in a freight yard in Ohio ... not for the faint of heart; a must read for us old rounders.""@en
- ""You hold in your hands a true lost classic, one of the most legendary cult books ever published in America. Jack Black's autobiography was a bestseller and went through five printings in the late 1920's. It has led a mostly subterranean existence since then - best known as William Burrough's favorite book, one he admitted lifting big chunks of from memory for his first novel, Junky. But it's time we got wise to this book, which is itself a remarkably wise book - and a ripping true saga. It's an amazing journey into a hobo underworld; freight hopping around the still wide open West at the turn of the 20th century, becoming a member of the "yegg" (criminal) brotherhood and a highwayman, learning the outlaw philosophy from the Foot-and-a-half George and the Sanctimonious Kid, getting hooked on opium, passing through hobo jungles, hop joints and penitentiaries. This is a chunk of the American story entirely left out of the history books - it's a lot richer and stranger than the official version. This new edition also includes an Afterword that tells some of what became of Black after he wore out the outlaw life and washed up in San Francisco, wrote this book and reinvented himself."--BOOK JACKET. Title Summary fie."@en
- "Autobiographie (Descripteur de forme)"
- "Libros electronicos"
- "Electronic books"
- "Electronic books"@en
- "You Can't Win"@en
- "You can't win : the autobiography of Jack Black"@en
- "You can't win : the autobiography of Jack Black"
- "You can't win by Jack Black"@en
- "YOU CAN'T WIN"@en
- "You Can't Win : By Jack Black. With a foreword by Robert Herrick"
- "You can't win"
- "You can't win"@en
- "You can't win the autobiography of Jack Black"@en
- "Black jack (Big Timber, Mont.)"@en
- "You can't win. With a foreword by Robert Herrick"@en