Linked Data Explorer
David Crockett : the man and the legend
- ""Davy Crockett has been America's best-known folk hero for at least 160 years. This informed biography by James Atkins Shackford first appeared in 1956, at the height of the television-inspired Crockett craze. As Michael Lofaro notes in his introduction, "Shackford faced the monumental task of rescuing a nearly unknown David Crockett from the obscurity caused by the popularity of the earlier legendary Davys and deepened by Disney." He succeeded memorably, restoring David Crockett of Tennessee, a true pioneer and colorful figure even without romantic trappings."--BOOK COVER."
- "An attempt to present the real David Crockett against the background of his times, and to correct the fictional versions of his life."
- "David Crockett : the man and the legend"
- "David Crockett : the man and the legend"@en
- "David Crockett : The man and the legend"
- "David Crockett, the man and the legend"@en
- "David Crockett the man and the legend"
- "David Crockett the man and the legend"@en