Linked Data Explorer
Roberts confirmation hearing. Day 1 [John Roberts opening statement]
- "John Roberts confirmation hearing"
- "John Roberts U.S. Chief Justice confirmation hearing"
- "John Roberts Chief Justice confirmation hearing"
- "The Senate Judiciary Committee held a confirmation hearing on the appointment of Judge John Roberts to the U.S. Supreme Court seat vacated after the death of Chief Justice William Rehnquist. Committee members made opening statements on their expectations for the hearings, Judge Roberts' qualifications, and those topics they intended to raise in questioning. Following members' opening statements Senators Lugar, Bayh and Warner introduced Judge Roberts to the committee. Judge Roberts then delivered an opening statement about the role of the judiciary and the rule of law in American government and society. The entire day one proceedings are 3 hours, 39 min. in length. This DVD represents the last 29 min. of these proceedings."
- "Roberts confirmation hearing. Day 1 [John Roberts opening statement]"