Linked Data Explorer
The feminine mystique
This novel was the major inspiration for the Women's Movement and continues to be a powerful and illuminating analysis of the position of women in Western society___
- "A fiftieth anniversary edition of the trailblazing women's reference shares anecdotes and interviews that were originally collected in the early 1960s to inspire women to develop their intellectual capabilities and reclaim lives beyond period conventions."
- "A reissue of the 1963 text which sparked the feminist movement through its analysis of the changing role and status of women, with a new introduction that addresses the issues women face two generations after "The Feminine Mystique" was first published."
- ""A 50th-anniversary edition of the trailblazing book that changed women's lives, with a new introduction by Gail Collins. Landmark, groundbreaking, classic--these adjectives barely do justice to the pioneering vision and lasting impact of The Feminine Mystique. Published in 1963, it gave a pitch-perfect description of "the problem that has no name": the insidious beliefs and institutions that undermined women's confidence in their intellectual capabilities and kept them in the home. Writing in a time when the average woman first married in her teens and 60 percent of women students dropped out of college to marry, Betty Friedan captured the frustrations and thwarted ambitions of a generation and showed women how they could reclaim their lives. Part social chronicle, part manifesto, The Feminine Mystique is filled with fascinating anecdotes and interviews as well as insights that continue to inspire. This 50th-anniversary edition features an afterword by best-selling author Anna Quindlen as well as a new introduction by Gail Collins."--Publisher's website."
- "Examines the dilemma of the educated American woman, with epilogue by the author criticizing forces threatening to disrupt original purposes of Women's Liberation."
- "This novel was the major inspiration for the Women's Movement and continues to be a powerful and illuminating analysis of the position of women in Western society___"@en
- "First published in 1963, The Feminine Mystique ignited a revolution that profoundly changed our culture, our conciousness, and our lives. Today it newly penetrates to the heart of issues determining our lives--and sounds a call to arms against the very real dangers of a new feminine mystique in the economic and political turbulence of the 1990s. Three decades later, the underlying issues raised by Betty Friedan strike at the core of the problems women still face at home and in the marketplace. As women continue to struggle for equality, to keep their hard-won gains, to find fulfillment in their careers, marriage and family, The Feminine Mystique remains the seminal conciousness-raising work of our times.--Distributed by Syndetics Solutions, LLC."
- "Analyzes the changing role and status of women along with the implications of the evolving women's movement."
- "Views the distorted image of women that prevailed from the end of the Second World War to the early sixties and reflects upon changes."@en
- "Landmark, groundbreaking, classic?these adjectives barely describe the earthshaking and long-lasting effects of Betty Friedan's The Feminine Mystique. This is the book that defined "the problem that has no name," that launched the Second Wave of the feminist movement, and has been awakening women and men with its insights into social relations, which still remain fresh, ever since. --publisher."
- "Presents a reissue of the 1963 text which sparked the feminist movement through its analysis of the changing role and status of women, and includes an introduction by author Anna Quindlen in which she discusses the influence of the book on her personal history and society as a whole."
- "Popular works"
- "Populárně-naučné publikace"
- "The feminine mystique"
- "The feminine mystique"@en
- "Thefeminine mystique"
- "The Feminine Mystique"@en
- "The Feminine Mystique"
- "The feminine mystique tenth anniversary ed"
- "The Feminine mystique"
- "The feminine mystique : annotated text, contexts, scholarship"
- "Feminine mystique"
- "The Feminine mystique. (Fourth impression.)"@en