Linked Data Explorer
Research files on slavery reparations for articles published in USA Today
- "Companies searched in detail include modern defendants Brown Brothers, Lehman Brothers and the local Southern railroads that eventually merged into the CSX system."
- "There is also a disk containing an image of a slave insurance policy from the Nautilus Life Insurance Company papers at the Library of Virginia."
- "Articles and books used as background information include "The Holocaust restitution movement in comparative perspective" by Michael J. Bazyler, "King Cotton and his retainers" by Harod D. Woodman, and "Partners in banking" by John A. Kouwenhoven.."
- "There are notes and interviews with historians, scholars, and activists including Richard America, Charles Blockson, John Conyers, Charles Dew, Stuart Eizenstat, David Eltis, Ed Fagan, Deadria Farmer-Paellmann, Willie Gary, Tom Hayden, Jesse Jackson, Walter Johnson, Richard Kilbourne, Ted Kornweibel, Manning Marable, James McPherson, Charles Ogletree, Owen C. Pell, Alexander Pires, Richard Scruggs, Ron Walters, Roger Wareham, and R. l. Wilson."
- "The collection contains research files of photocopies and notes, chiefly from the 19th century railroads and financial institutions which became the 20th century defendants in a 2002 slavery reparations suit : Deadria Farmer-Paellman vs Fleetboston Financial Corporation, Aetna Inc, CSX and their predecessors, syccessors and/or assigns. Material copied includes slave manifests, inventories, census records, court judgments insurance policies,runaway ads, etc."
- "The collection also contains some correspondence and early drafts of Cox's article."
- "Research (Document genres)"
- "Research files on slavery reparations for articles published in USA Today"