Linked Data Explorer
When the new orange soft drink hits the streets, it triggers a series of events that Jimmy Lyle could not have anticipated. He never dreamed it would plunge him into the twilight world of synchronised swimming. Nor did he think it would end in murder.
- "When the new orange soft drink hits the streets, it triggers a series of events that Jimmy Lyle could not have anticipated. He never dreamed it would plunge him into the twilight world of synchronised swimming. Nor did he think it would end in murder."@en
- "A crime noir on a soft drink company in England which resorts to subliminal advertising. When newspapers get wind of what is going on, the company starts eliminating evidence, hiring a hit man to silence a woman who knows too much. By the author of The Insult."
- "Een ambitieuze jonge Engelsman probeert een nieuwe frisdrank aan de man te brengen door mensen in hun slaap te indoctrineren, hetgeen verstrekkende gevolgen heeft."
- "Former bouncer Barker Dodds wants nothing more than to flee his violent past in his native Plymouth for an uncertain new existence as a barber in London's colorful East End. Waif-like Glade Spencer drifts through life as a waitress at a fashionable Soho restaurant, a devoted daughter to her estranged, caravan-dwelling father, and a long-distance girlfriend to an unpredictable American lawyer. And ambitious soft drink branch manager Jimmy Lyle is eager to please his new American boss with a revolutionary marketing strategy for Soft!, one that promises to make the new orange-colored beverage a soda sensation for the twenty-first century. It is under that effervescent orange glow that these three disparate souls intersect, as each learns "there is nothing soft about the soft drink industry." When unsuspecting "Soft! ambassador" Glade begins to unravel from her subconscious obsession with a product she's never tried, Jimmy's top-secret campaign threatens to spill into the daily papers, and Barker once again finds himself employed as a thug-for-hire. At turns harrowing and darkly humorous, Soft! is a magnificently surreal story, one that New York Times critic Michiko Kakutani calls "Rupert Thomson's most powerful novel yet." From the Trade Paperback edition."@en
- "Mystery fiction"
- "Mystery fiction"@en
- "Electronic books"
- "Electronic books"@en
- "Detective and mystery stories"@en
- "Soft : roman"