Linked Data Explorer
Plan of Chicago [pbk ]
- "Plan of Chicago prepared under the direction of the Commercial Club during the years 1906, 1907, and 1908"@en
- "Plan of Chicago reproduces all 143 plates from the original, 48 in color. It also contains a plate of City Hall, rendered in color by Jules Guérin, that was omitted from the 1909 edition. Kristen Schaffer's new introductino examines Burham's handwritten draft of the book focusing on those parts that were edited out of the publication, to suggest a reinterpretation of the plan."--Jacket."
- ""It may not be an exaggeration to say that modern urban planning began with Daniel H. Burnham and Edward H. Bennett's Plan of Chicago. This landmark text, published in 1909, revolutionized urban design. Adopted by the city of Chicago, the plan had a major impact on its development, particularly that of the Lake Shore. This reprint makes available a book that still holds valuable lessons for today's architects and planners. The most visible document of the City Beautiful movement, the plan was also a hard-headed and practical approach to the problems of modern-day city planning. It detailed proposals for circulation, transportation facilities, civic buildings, and parks."
- "Plan of Chicago [pbk ]"@en
- "Plan of Chicago prepared under the direction of the Commercial Club during the years MCMVI, MCMVII, and MCMVIII"
- "Plan of Chicago prepared under the direction of the Commercial Club during the years MCMVI, MCMVII, and MCMVIII"@en
- "The plan of Chicago"
- "Plan of Chicago"
- "Plan of Chicago"@en