Linked Data Explorer
Music in the Third Reich /
- "In this authoritative study, one of the first to appear in English, Erik Levi explores the ambiguous relationship between music and politics during one of the darkest periods of recent cultural history. Utilising material drawn from contemporary documents, journals and newspapers, he traces the evolution of reactionary musical attitudes which were exploited by the Nazis in the final years of the Weimar Republic, chronicles the mechanisms that were established after 1933 to regiment musical life throughout Germany and the occupied territories, and examines the degree to which the climate of xenophobia, racism and anti-modernism affected the dissemination of music either in the opera house and concert hall, or on the radio and in the media."
- "Criticism, interpretation, etc."
- "Criticism, interpretation, etc."@en
- "Music in the Third Reich."
- "Music in the Third Reich"
- "Music in the Third Reich /"
- "Music in the Third Reich /"@en