Linked Data Explorer
A bigger splash
David Hockney stars in the true story of his life and his art. The film portrays the 'Hockney set', his intimate life in London, his dreams of California and his escape to New York.
- "A bigger splash : Londres, Mai 1971. David Hockney est en pleine crise, profondément affecté par sa rupture avec Peter Schlesinger, son modèle et amant, qui vient de le quitter. Son travail en est bouleversé. En pleine lutte avec son art et avec lui-même, il passe dintenses séances de travail à de longues errances chez ses amis, en proie au doute, ne parvenant pas à trouver sa forme définitive au tableau, quil finit par abandonner avant dy revenir six mois plus tard."
- "Grant North : court métrage sur le peintre Keith Grant."
- "Docudrame sur l'art, l'univers et la vie du peintre, designer et photographe anglo-américain David Hockney, tourné à Genève, Londres et en Californie de 1971 à 1973. Avec David Hockney, Ossie Clark, Peter Schlesinger, Henry Geldzahler."
- "British artist David Hockney prepares to use a swimming pool as the canvas for a new painting."
- "David Hockney stars in the true story of his life and his art. The film portrays the 'Hockney set', his intimate life in London, his dreams of California and his escape to New York."@en
- "London artist David Hockney and his friends re-enact the artist's painful loss of a lover and its consequent effect on his work while providing a witty observation of his milieu."
- ""1971: the artist David Hockney is well on his way to art world super-stardom. Filmmaker Jack Hazan, camera rolling, follows Hockney from London to New York to Los Angeles--capturing the artist as he struggles to create what would prove to be some of his most enduring works: those featuring Hockney's model and lover, Peter Schlesinger. Straddling the boundary between documentary and fiction, A bigger splash tells the story of Hockney's breakup with Schlesinger and its effect on Hockney, his work, and his close circle of friends"--Container."@en
- "David Hockney, one of the most brilliant and successful painters of our time, is the subject of this unique film about his life and art."
- "David Hockney, one of the most brilliant and successful painters of our time, is the subject of this unique film about his life and art."@en
- "études et recherches"
- "Biographical films"@en
- "non fiction"
- "Films documentaires"
- "Feature films"@en
- "Documentary-style films"@en
- "DVD-Video discs"@en
- "A bigger splash"
- "A bigger splash"@en
- "A bigger splash ; Grant North"