Linked Data Explorer
Lessons from Turtle Island
<DIV>The first comprehensive guide to addressing Native American issues in teaching children.</DIV>
- ""How do you help young children learn more about Native peoples than the cultural stereotypes found in children's books and in the media? Lessons from Turtle Island is the first complete guide to exploring Native American issues with children. The authors--one Native, one white, both educators--show ways to incorporate authentic learning experiences about Native Americans into your curriculum. This book is organized around five cross-cultural themes--Children, Home, Families, Community, and the Environment. The authors present activities, from children's books they recommend, to develop skills in reading and writing, science, math, make-believe, art, and more. The book provides helpful guidelines and resource lists for selecting appropriate toys, children's books, music, and art, and also includes a family heritage project. Age Focus: 3-8."--Publisher's website."
- "Lessons from Turtle Island explores Native American issues in preschool and early primary education. The authors--one Native, one white--offer guidelines for learning experiences that move children beyond embedded stereotypes."
- "<DIV>The first comprehensive guide to addressing Native American issues in teaching children.</DIV>"@en
- "Lessons from Turtle Island"@en
- "Lessons from Turtle Island : Native curriculum in early childhood classrooms"
- "Lessons from Turtle Island Native Curriculum in Early Childhood Classrooms"@en