Linked Data Explorer
Bernini : genius of the Baroque /
- ""A beautifully illustrated testament to this great Baroque sculptorCharles Avery. Gianlorenzo Bernini was one of the greatest artists of all time. World-famous for his uniquely powerful works of sculpture, he was also a virtuoso draftsman, a pioneering caricaturist, and a designer of gorgeous fountain displays. He even wrote plays. Bernini virtually created Baroque Rome. Without his contributions, we could not walk across the Ponte Sant'Angelo escorted by the angelic statuary that he designed for its balustrades. The Basilica of St. Peter would not have the sonorous crescendo of Bernini's bronze Baldacchino over St. Peter's tomb. We could not enjoy the huge splashing water display and vigorous drama of the figures on his Fountain of the Four Rivers in the Piazza Navona"."
- "Criticism, interpretation, etc."@en
- "Criticism, interpretation, etc."
- "Bernini : Genius of the Baroque /"
- "Bernini : genius of the Baroque /"@en
- "Bernini : genius of the Baroque /"
- "Bernini genius of the Baroque /"
- "Bernini : genius of the baroque /"