Linked Data Explorer
The theater essays of Arthur Miller
- "Arthur Miller is one of the most important and enduring playwrights of the last fifty years. This new edition of The Theater Essays has been expanded by nearly fifty percent to include his most significant articles and interviews since the book's initial publication in 1978. Within these pages Miller discusses the roots of modern drama, the nature tragedy, and the state of contemporary theater; offers illuminating observations on Ibsen, Strindberg, Chekhov, O'Neill, and Williams; probes the different approaches and attitudes toward theater in Russia, China, and at home; and, of course, provides valuable insights into his own vast dramatic corpus. For this edition the literary chronology and cast and production information have been updated, and an extensive new bibliography has been added. The Theater Essays confirms Arthur Miller's standing as a brilliant, eloquent commentator on drama and culture. No one interested in theater should be without this definitive collection."
- "Bibliographie 1936-1977"
- "Criticism, interpretation, etc"@en
- "Criticism, interpretation, etc"
- "Theater essays"
- "The theater essays of Arthur Miller"
- "The theater essays of Arthur Miller"@en
- "The theater essays of arthur miller"
- "The theatre essays of Arthur Miller"
- "The theater essays"