Linked Data Explorer
Provides in-depth analysis of the life, works, career, and critical importance of Truman Capote.
- "Provides in-depth analysis of the life, works, career, and critical importance of Truman Capote."@en
- "Discusses the life and works of Truman Capote. Includes a chronology."
- "Like a ringmaster at the circus, Truman Capote led us from one dazzling act to another in the entertainment that is the twentieth-century written word. Short stories, novels, novellas, plays, film scripts, and journalistic pieces dance in turn across the center stage of Capote's imagination, bringing to our view such masterpieces as Other Voices, Other Rooms (1948) and In Cold Blood (1966). Despite these successes, Capote came closest to achieving performance perfection when he turned his attention to shorter works. Full of vivid descriptions and colorful characters, these stories give us front row seats to the attraction of Capote as both a writer and a human being. Capote, originally Truman Streckfus Persons, was born in New Orleans in 1924, the product of a very unstable marriage. Often neglected,the young boy spent a lot of time with relatives, mostly in Alabama. When his mother divorced his father to marry a more successful businessman, Truman moved north with the couple and took his stepfather's surname. The Capotes lived in Greenwich and New York, where Truman would make his permanent base and where he would start stitching together the disparate threads of his unsettling childhood and make of them a grand tapestry revealing the frustration of life in contemporary America. These connections between fact and fiction are carefully analyzed by Helen S. Carson, as are the links between the short fiction and Capote's longer works. She has provided the reader with a comprehensive, yet very readable study of one of Capote's more neglected genres."
- "Presents a collection of critical essays which discuss the plots, themes, language, influence, and characters of the southern American author's major works."
- "Presents a collection of critical essays on the works of Truman Capote."@en
- "Provides an in-depth critical introduction to the short stories of Truman Capote. Includes a detailed analyses of every significant story, biographical information, a chronology of the artist's life and works, and a representative selection of critical responses."
- "Provides a brief biography of Truman Capote, and discusses plots, themes, life influences, and characters of his major works."
- "Criticism, interpretation, etc"
- "Criticism, interpretation, etc"@en
- "Electronic books"@en
- "Electronic books"
- "Truman Capote : edited and with an introduction by Harold Bloom"
- "Truman Capote : a study of the short fiction"
- "Truman Capote a study of the short fiction"
- "Truman Capote : a bibliography"
- "Truman Capote"@en
- "Truman Capote"
- "Truman Capote"@es
- "Truman Capote : a checklist"