Linked Data Explorer
Zapata and the Mexican revolution
A biography of the Mexican patriot who organized and led his rural community in resistance to the central government.
- "A biography of the Mexican patriot who organized and led his rural community in resistance to the central government."
- "A biography of the Mexican patriot who organized and led his rural community in resistance to the central government."@en
- "This volume recalls the activities of Emiliano Zapata (1879-1919), a leading figure in the Mexican Revolution; he formed and commanded an important revolutionary force during this conflict. The author focuses attention on Zapata's activities and his home state of Morelos during the Revolution. Zapata quickly rose from his position as a peasant leader in a village seeking agrarian reform. Zapata's dedication to the cause of land rights made him a hero to the people. The author describes the contributing factors and conditions preceding the Mexican Revolution, creating a narrative that examines political and agrarian transformations on local and national levels."
- "Zapata and the Mexican Revolution John Womack, Jr. ". . . It is certainly the definitive study of Emiliano Zapata, and it places him in his proper context." 'Frank Jellinek, The New York Times Book Review "A feat of historical writing ... Womack has an uncanny feeling for the infinitely complex strains of Mexico as a civilization ... Because he understands that historical progression is inseparable from cultural roots, he understands Zapatismo as the history, not of exotic 'peasants, ' but of ... people from the fields who did not, in the larger sense of the term, feel culturally deprived but, rather, were conscious that a social and political opportunity was given them to realize, in actuality, the latent promises of their local culture." 'Carlos Fuentes, The New York Review of Books "The best piece of narrative history that has been written about modern Latin America in any language. In addition, it conveys an understanding of peasant revolutions that will be of great value to students of other areas beside Latin America." 'Ernest R. May."@en
- "Llibres electrònics"
- "Electronic books"@en
- "Zapata and the Mexican revolution"
- "Zapata and the Mexican revolution"@en
- "Zapata and the mexican revolution"@en
- "Zapata and the Mexican Revolution"
- "Zapata and the Mexican Revolution"@en
- "Zapata : and the mexican revolution"