Linked Data Explorer
The Member of the wedding
Feeling rejected when she's not allowed to accompany her brother on his honeymoon, a 12-year-old tomboy decides to run away from home.
- "Feeling rejected when she's not allowed to accompany her brother on his honeymoon, a 12-year-old tomboy decides to run away from home."@en
- "A young girl living in a small Georgia town, highly strung and confused, becomes obsessed with sharing the honeymoon of her brother and his bride. Frankie Addams is caught between adolescence and childhood, fighting both in McCullers' play based on her novel, one of the most deeply affecting works of 'Southern Gothic' exploring the mystery of life, its pain and loneliness. McCullers' literate dialogue in three acts, sad, lyrical and full of wit, is brought to life by the three principals. Julie Harris, playing a character half her age, gives an intense portrayal of bravado concealing insecurity ('all people belong to "we" except me'). Ethel Waters is the sympathetic black cook, Frankie's surrogate mother. De Wilde is Frankie's frail, six-year-old playmate."@en
- "Julie Harris stars as Frankie Addams, a motherless 12-year-old struggling with the awkwardness of adolescence and filled with dreams about life's possibilities. When she's not picking fights with her young cousin John Henry, she shares her dreams of the fine, tradtional family life she has never known."@en
- "A twelve-year-old girl (Julie Harris) struggles with the awkward passage from child to adult in the company of her six-year-old cousin (Brandon De Wilde) and the housekeeper (Ethel Waters), who has her own sorrows."@en
- "The story of 12-year-old Frankie, who is grappling with the loneliness of entering adolescence, and the household cook who provides her compassion and understanding."
- "A 12-year-old girl learns something about life when her sister gets married and a young boy dies."@en
- "Feature films"@en
- "Feature films"
- "Film adaptations"
- "Fiction films"@en
- "Video recordings for the hearing impaired"@en
- "The Member of the wedding"@en
- "The Member of the wedding"
- "The member of the wedding"@en
- "The member of the wedding"