Linked Data Explorer
Israel--a nation is born with Abba Eban, a personal witness. Part 5
- "Nation is born with Abba Eban, a personal witness"
- "Opens with the Yom Kippur war of 1973 and the Camp David Accord leading to a peace treaty between Israel and Egypt. Eban describes his personal communications with Arab leaders and outlines the beginning of a new peace process after the Madrid conference."
- "Abba Eban offers his recollections of, and his part in, the creation of the state of Israel. Part 5 opens with the 1973 surprise attack on Israel by Egypt and Syria, known as the Yom Kippur War. There are interviews with Egyptian leaders about their preparations for war and with Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger about their involvement in the airlift and nuclear alert. This part also covers the Camp David Accord, leading to the peace treaty between Israel and Egypt, the 1982 invasion of Lebanon and the Intifada. Abba Eban describes his communications with King Hussein and other Arab leaders and outlines the beginning of a new peace process through the Madrid Conference and beyond."
- "Documentary television programs"
- "Television mini-series"
- "Nonfiction television programs"
- "Israel--a nation is born with Abba Eban, a personal witness. Part 5"