Linked Data Explorer
The art of steampunk
- ""Welcome to the world of Steampunk: a unique fantasy version of nineteenth century Victorian England imbued with today's technology, resulting in devices and contraptions that seem to have sprung from the mind of a mad twenty-first century scientist. The "steam" refers to steam power - as in fire-breathing machines of antique locomotion. The "punk" is an important reference to an outsider attitude. In The Art of Steampunk, 2nd Edition, you'll discover the captivating and dynamic world of this emerging genre through the creative vision of today's leading Steampunk artists, all featured in the world's first museum exhibit of Steampunk, held at The Museum of the History of Science at Oxford University in England. No longer satisfied with the plastic design of today's mass-produced products, these artists are crafting a romantic new standard for modern goods by applying the characteristics of Steampunk. Their artwork consists of everything from jewelry and watches to light fixtures and clocks, every piece demonstrating hours of painstaking work and unlimited devotion. You will find that many of the artists are as unique and colorful as their masterpieces, often adopting alter egos of Victorian mad scientists and world explorers, allowing themselves to become fully immersed int he imaginative and exciting world of Steampunk. This expanded edition has added artist profiles and a look at what is happening in the world of Steampunk since the exposition. "--"
- ""Inside, you will find the fantastical and stunning artwork of Steampunk artists from around the world. The 17 artists featured on these pages, among the frontrunners of the Steampunk genre, have had their work displayed at an exhibition at The Museum of History of Science at the University of Oxford, UK and have attracted the media attention of BoingBoing, one of the world's largest blogs. Their artwork consists of everything from clocks and watches to light fixtures and jewelry, and every piece demonstrates hours of painstaking work and devotion from its creator."--[taken from publisher's description]."
- "The art of steampunk : extraordinary devices and ingenious contraptions from the leading artists of the Steampunk movement"
- "The art of steampunk : extraordinary devices and ingenious contraptions from the leading artists of the steampunk movement"
- "The art of steampunk"@en