Linked Data Explorer
Tales of Troy and Greece. Illustrated by Edward Bawden
Get a dose of many famous figures in Greek mythology with this volume. From Jason and the Golden Fleece to Ulysses' various travels, this collection of stories tells the heroic stories. Also featured are Perseus and Theseus.
- "Troy và Hy Lạp"
- "Tales de Troy and Greece"@es
- "Tales of Troy & Greece"
- "Get a dose of many famous figures in Greek mythology with this volume. From Jason and the Golden Fleece to Ulysses' various travels, this collection of stories tells the heroic stories. Also featured are Perseus and Theseus."@en
- "A collection of tales for young readers that recreates some of the exciting tales from Greek mythology."
- "Andrew Lang (1844-1912) was a prolific Scots man of letters, a poet, novelist, literary critic and contributor to anthropology. He now is best known as the collector of folk and fairy tales. He was educated at the Edinburgh Academy, St Andrews University and at Balliol College, Oxford. As a journalist, poet, critic and historian, he soon made a reputation as one of the ablest and most versatile writers of the day. Lang was one of the founders of the study of ""Psychical Research, "" and his other writings on anthropology include The Book of Dreams and Ghosts (1897), Magic and Religi."@en
- "Perhaps there are some who will think we as a publisher are overexacting in our demands for children's literature. Many of Dr. Church's adaptations have come to us, and we cannot claim that they have added much to our respect for Homer. We always feel that we are backed up when we declare that in this retelling process, the large ruggedness which rightfully belongs to the classic is lost in the mild care we take of the sensitiveness of children. One is immediately drawn to Tales of Troy and Greece. Mr. Lang treats of Ulysses, Mellager, Theseus, Perseus, and puts into his text more substance than is found in the ordinary adaptation or rewritten classic. Contents: Ulysses The Sacker Of Cities The Wanderings Of Ulysses The Fleece Of Gold Theseus Perseus This book is fully illustrated and annotated with a rare extensive biographical sketch of the author, Andrew Lang, written by Sir Edmund Gosse, CB, a contemporary poet and writer."
- "Short stories"@en
- "Myths and legends"@en
- "Electronic books"@en
- "Juvenile works"@en
- "Juvenile works"
- "Cuentos de Troya y Grecia"
- "Tales of Troy and Greece. Illustrated by Edward Bawden"@en
- "Cuentos de Troya y Grecia = (Tales de Troy and Greece)"@es
- "Tales Of Troy And Greece Illustrated amp; Annotated Edition"
- "Truyền thuyết về thành Troy và Hy Lạp"
- "Tales of Troy and Greece"
- "Tales of Troy and Greece"@en
- "Tales Of Troy And Greece"