Linked Data Explorer
Arthur Miller's global theater
"How an American playwright is performed on stages around the world."--Jacket.
- ""How an American playwright is performed on stages around the world."--Jacket."@en
- ""How an American playwright is performed on stages around the world."--Jacket."
- "No American playwright is more revered on the international stage than Arthur Miller. In Arthur Miller's Global Theater-a fascinating collection of new essays by leading international critics and scholars-readers learn how and why audiences around the world have responded to the work of the late theatrical icon. With perspectives from diverse corners of the globe, from Israel to Japan to South Africa, this groundbreaking volume explores the challenges of translating one of the most American of American playwrights and details how disparate nations have adapted meaning in Miller's most celebrated dramas. An original and engaging collection that will appeal to theater aficionados, scholars, students, and all those interested in Miller and his remarkable oeuvre, Arthur Miller's Global Theater illustrates how dramas such as Death of a Salesman, The Crucible, and A View from the Bridge developed a vigorous dialogue with new audiences when they crossed linguistic and national borders. In these times when problems of censorship, repressive regimes, and international discord are increasingly in the news, Arthur Miller's voice has never been more necessary as it continues to be heard and celebrated around the world. Enoch Brater is the Kenneth T. Rowe Collegiate Professor of Dramatic Literature at the University of Michigan. His other books include Arthur Miller: A Playwright's Life and Works and Arthur Miller's America."
- "Electronic resource"
- "Criticism, interpretation, etc"
- "Criticism, interpretation, etc"@en
- "Electronic books"@en
- "Livres électroniques"
- "Arthur Miller's global theater"
- "Arthur Miller's global theater"@en
- "Arthur Miller's Global Theater"