Linked Data Explorer
Secrets from the sand my search for Egypt's past
- "My search for Egypt's past"
- "This volume is a review of the author's (Zahi Hawass b. 1947) career as an Egyptian archaeologist. Hawass, a former Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs for Egypt, worked at archaeological sites in the Nile Delta, the Western Desert, and the Upper Nile Valley. His descriptions of his life's work, accompanied by many previously unpublished photographs, take readers from the famous monuments at Giza, where he has supervised the restoration of the Sphinx and the Great Pyramid and excavated the cemetery of the pyramid builders, to the Valley of the Golden Mummies in Bahariya Oasis, perhaps the most significant and spectacular discovery in recent years. He explains how he negotiates with local Egyptians whose homes may lie directly above important sites, and describes in detail the exhilarating experience of entering an ancient tomb for the first time after thousands of years, among other topics."
- "Secrets from the sand : my search for Egypt's ancient past"
- "Secrets from the sand my search for Egypt's past"@en
- "Secrets from the sand : my search for Egypt's past"
- "Secrets from the sand : my search fot Egypt's past"