Linked Data Explorer
Baby Markets Money and the New Politics of Creating Families.
Michele Goodwin and a group of contributing experts examine the ways in which Westerners create families through private, market processes.
- "Michele Goodwin and a group of contributing experts examine the ways in which Westerners create families through private, market processes."@en
- "Part I. What Makes a Market?: Efficiency, Accountability, and Reliability in Getting the Babies We Want: 1. Baby markets Michele Goodwin; 2. The upside of baby markets Martha Ertman; 3. Price and pretense in the baby market Kimberly Krawiec; 4. Bringing feminist fundamentalism to the U.S. baby markets Mary Anne Case; 5. Producing kinship through the marketplaces of transnational adoption Sara Dorow; Part II. Space and Place: Reproducing and Reframing Social Norms of Race, Class, Gender and Otherness: 6. Adoption laws and practices: serving whose interests? Ruth Arlene-Howe; 7. International adoption: the human rights issues Elizabeth Bartholet; 8. Heterosexuality as a prenatal social problem: why parents and courts have a taste for heterosexuality Jose Gabilondo; 9. Transracial adoption of black children: an economic analysis Mary Eschelbach Hansen and Daniel Pollack; Part III. Spectrums and Discourses: Rights, Regulations, and Choice: 10. Reproducing dreams Naomi Cahn; 11. Why do parents have rights? The problem of kinship in liberal thought Maggie Gallagher; 12. Free markets, free choice? A market approach to reproductive rights Debora Spar; 13. Commerce and regulation in the assisted reproduction industry John Robertson; 14. Ethics within markets or a market for ethics: can disclosure of sperm donor identity be effectively mandated? June Carbone; Part IV. The Ethics of Baby and Embryo Markets: 15. Egg donation for research and reproduction: the compensation conundrum Nanette Elster; 16. Eggs, nests, and stem cells Lisa Ikemota; 17. Where stem cell research meets abortion politics: limits on buying and selling human oocytes Michelle Oberman; Part V. Tenuous Grounds and Baby Taboos: 18. Risky exchanges Viviana Zelizer; 19. Giving in to baby markets Sonia Suter."
- "Electronic books."
- "Electronic books."@en
- "Baby markets : money and the new politics of creating families /"
- "Baby Markets Money and the New Politics of Creating Families."@en
- "Baby markets money and the new politics of creating families /"
- "Baby Markets : money and the new politics of creating families /"