Linked Data Explorer
Johnny Cash the Biography
An exploration of many often overlooked aspects of the legend's life and career.
- "A biography of country music musician Johnny Cash."
- "An exploration of many often overlooked aspects of the legend's life and career."@en
- "To millions, he was the rebellious man in black, the unabashed patriot, the redeemed Christian, the king of country music. Yet Johnny Cash was also an uncertain country boy whose dreams carried him from the cotton fields of Mississippi to the vanguard of popular music, all the while struggling with the all-too-real pain of a guilt-ridden childhood, chemical addictions, and self-doubt. This book delves into oft-overlooked moments in his life and career: the tragic death of his older brother Jack; his Air Force career (1950-1954), when his songwriting took form and he purchased his first guitar; the origins of the boom-chicka-boom rhythm; his drug dependency, which plagued him throughout his life; the deep love he shared with his second wife June Carter Cash; and his relationship with the young producer Rick Rubin, which revitalized his career yet raised numerous contradictions about Cash's values and craft.--From publisher description."@en
- ""To millions, Johnny Cash was the rebellious Man in Black, the unabashed patriot, the redeemed Christian -- the king of country music. But Johnny Cash was also a country boy whose dreams were born in the cotton fields of Arkansas and who struggled his entire life with a guild-ridden childhood, addictions, and self-doubt"--Back cover."
- "Electronic books"
- "Electronic books"@en
- "Johnny Cash the Biography"@en
- "Johnny Cash the biography"
- "Johnny Cash the biography"@en
- "Johnny Cash : the biography"@en
- "Johnny Cash : the biography"