Linked Data Explorer
Pathways to knowledge private and public
- "In this title Alvin Goldman approaches many epistemological issues as questions about legitimate methods or pathways to knowledge."
- "How can we know? How can we attain justified belief? These traditional questions in epistemology have inspired philosophers for centuries. This work explores inquiries as legitimate methods or "pathways" to knowledge. It examines the notion of private and public knowledge and argues for the epistemic legitimacy of private and introspective methods of gaining knowledge, yet acknowledges the equal importance of social and public mechanisms in the quest for truth. Throughout, the author addresses this opposition but proposes a rigorous framework that continues to resolve such contradictions, making this text an important contribution to the theory of knowledge."
- "Electronic books"
- "Electronic books"@en
- "Llibres electrònics"
- "Pathways to knowledge : private and public"
- "Pathways to Knowledge: Private and Public"
- "Pathways to knowledge"
- "Pathways to Knowledge : Private and Public"
- "Pathways to knowledge private and public"
- "Pathways to knowledge private and public"@en
- "Pathways to Knowledge Private and Public"@en