Linked Data Explorer
Conducting the reference interview
- "Find your bearings in this rapidly evolving hybrid reference environment through proven strategies, advice, exercises and research from three experts in the field. The revised second edition of this practical how-to for all types of librarians will teach you to understand the needs of public, academic and special library users across any virtual setting - email, text messaging, social networking websites - as well as in traditional and face-to-face models of communication. Based on the latest research in communication theory, the book includes new exercises and examples to help you practice effective reference transactions and avoid common pitfalls. Guidance for helping users with special language-related needs (such as speech and hearing disabilities and English Language Learners) and social difficulties is also included, as are updated chapters on readers' advisory interviewing and policy and training procedures. An extensively revised chapter on virtual reference features new sections on live chat and instant messaging services, as well as a discussion of Web 2.0 initiatives and updated information on e-mail reference. Pooling their wealth of experience, the authors share real-life interview examples alongside constructive critiques and practical suggestions to improve interviewing methods."
- "Conducting the reference interview"@en
- "Conducting the reference interview"
- "Conducting the reference interview : a how-to-do-it manual for librarians"
- "Conducting the reference interview : a how-to-do-it manual for librarians"@en
- "Conducting the reference interview a how-to-do-it manual for librarians"
- "Conducting the reference interview a how-to-do-it manual for librarians"@en
- "Conducting the reference interview : a how-to-do-it manual"