Linked Data Explorer
The beloved son : a novel /
In 'The Beloved Son', a weekend reunion reshapes the ideal of the contemporary American family.
- "In 'The Beloved Son', a weekend reunion reshapes the ideal of the contemporary American family."@en
- "“Quinn is a masterful writer of dialogue, lacing his characters’ speech with dry humor and honest, if often unflinching words.” --The Bloomsbury Review Jay Quinn’s Lambda-nominated novels transcend the traditional gay novel, exploring universal issues of marriage, aging parents, addiction, and attraction, all while presenting unique characters and page-turning drama. In THE BELOVED SON, one family must cope with life’s ever-changing moments, as two sons are faced with issue of their aging parents. Karl Preston lives an ideal American life with his wife and daughter in an affluent North Carolina suburb. At his father’s request, Karl travels to Florida for a weekend visit that starts a roller coaster of family drama and heartache. Not only does Karl have to deal with his gay brother, Sven, who is the primary caretaker of their parents, but his mother’s growing dementia. Richly told, lyrically written, this is a poignant portrait of the modern-day family and how responsibility trumps resentment. "Jay Quinn beautifully charts the course of the unexpected intimacies, and new bonds that are inevitably formed between brothers and grandchildren, daughters-in-law and parents--and of course, even sons." -- Curled Up With a Good Book Don’t miss any of Jay Quinn’s novels from E-Reads: Metes and Bounds, Back Where He Started, The Good Neighbor, The Beloved Son, and The Boomerang Kid"@en
- "Electronic books."@en
- "Lesbian & Gay."@en
- "Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)"@en
- "The beloved son : a novel /"@en
- "The beloved son : a novel /"
- "The Beloved Son : A Novel /"
- "The Beloved Son."@en
- "The beloved son /"@en