Linked Data Explorer
Rediscovering mathematics you do the math /
- "Rediscovering mathematics is an eclectic collection of mathematical topics and puzzles aimed at talented youngsters and inquisitive adults who want to expand their view of mathematics.--[book cover]"
- "Rediscovering Mathematics is an eclectic collection of mathematical topics and puzzles aimed at talented youngsters and inquisitive adults who want to expand their view of mathematics. By focusing on problem solving, and discouraging rote memorisation, the book shows how to learn and teach mathematics through investigation, experimentation and discovery. Rediscovering Mathematics is also an excellent text for training mathematics teachers at all levels. Topics range in difficulty and cover a wide range of historical periods, with some examples demonstrating how to uncover mathematics in everyday life, including number theory and its application to secure communication over the Internet, the algebraic and combinatorial work of a medieval mathematician Rabbi, and applications of probability to sports, casinos, and everyday life. Rediscovering Mathematics provides a fresh view of mathematics for those who already like the subject, and offers a second chance for those who think they don't."
- "Electronic books."
- "Problems, exercises, etc."
- "Livres électroniques."
- "Rediscovering mathematics you do the math /"
- "You do the math"
- "Rediscovering mathematics : you do the math /"