Linked Data Explorer
Tiger Force a true story of men and war /
Presents the "last great secret of the Vietnam War," the story of an experimental fighting unit known as the Tiger Force, the atrocities they committed, and the coverup that stretched all the way to the White House.
- "Presents the "last great secret of the Vietnam War," the story of an experimental fighting unit known as the Tiger Force, the atrocities they committed, and the coverup that stretched all the way to the White House."@en
- "At the outset of the Vietnam War, the Army created an experimental fighting unit that became known as "Tiger Force." The Tigers were to be made up of the cream of the crop--the very best and bravest soldiers the American military could offer. They would be given a long leash, allowed to operate in the field with less supervision. Their mission was to seek out enemy compounds and hiding places so that bombing runs could be accurately targeted. They were to go where no troops had gone, to become one with the jungle, to leave themselves behind and get deep inside the enemy's mind. What happened during the seven months Tiger Force descended into the abyss is the stuff of nightmares. Their crimes were uncountable, their madness beyond imagination--so much so that for almost four decades, the story of Tiger Force was covered up under orders that stretched all the way to the White House. Records were scrubbed, documents were destroyed, men were told to say nothing."@en
- "The true story of the seven-month rampage of an elite army unit in Vietnam, an experiment gone terribly wrong, is told from the viewpoints of the soldiers who tried to resist the descent into hell, and those who did not, and includes accounts from Vietnamese who witnessed the Tiger Force's rampages. It is also the story of how these atrocities, covered up by the Army for decades, came to light at last through the heroic persistence of a few individuals who could not forget. Journalists Sallah and Weiss won the 2004 Pulitzer Prize for investigative reporting for their series in the Toledo Blade on the last great secret of the Vietnam War."@en
- "Sallah gives an account of the tragic massacres of countless innocent Vietnamese citizens at the hands of the U.S. Army's Tiger Force unit and documents how its members spun out of control over a seven-month period."@en
- "enregistrement parlé."
- "Tiger force a true story of men and war /"
- "Tiger Force a true story of men and war /"@en